Friday, July 24, 2009

Bunny, Book and Bookclub

I know, it's been over a month. What has WOBs been doing instead of posting? Who knows

It's sort of embarrassing to do one now but I'm trying anyway.

So here's the bunny I knit for our landlady's new baby.

I hope he uses it when he sucks his thumb.

And here's what my book club read this month:

It was just wonderful. I heard the author speak at Politics and Prose earlier ithis year; I've read and enjoyed My Own Country and The Tennis Partner, his previous works non-fiction and this book just overwhelmed me. Wish I was still reading it.

Here's how they both came together:

All of my extra balls of yarn are in DC, including the black yarn used for faces on my earlier bunnies. You can see from this one that they don't take much. Since I didn't have the right yarn initially I bought a skein for the first bunny and will finish it up maybe if I make about a 1,000 of them. Also a large bag of fiberfill; ditto for its current location and amount needed. I sure didn't want to buy more of both to finish the bunny when I have an lifetime overload waiting in DC for me. Noreen to the rescue!

Noreen is in my bookclub and an awesome knitter. I just had a feeling that she'd have just what the bunny needed in her stash (Note to non -knitters: You should be ashamed of yourselves - in knitting context "Stash" refers to yarn and knitting supplies). I e-mailed her the night before book club and she brought just what was needed.

Thanks Noreen from me and my bunny - and maybe even from Lori's baby!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home