Friday, July 31, 2009

Berries

While Western New York strawberry season is long over for this year WOBs has had the pleasure of 3 different kinds of berries this week.

On the way to and from Buffalo I am fortunate enough to pass Thorpe's Organic Family Farm where I get to practice exercising self-restraint. This week Tuesday I found Black Velvet Gooseberries . These were new to me - I'm not quite sure if I enjoyed their name and appearance more than the taste. Maybe I'll find something to bake with them over the weekend.


Wednesday I got my hands on a quart of blueberries that were splendid in every way: look, smell and taste. These beauties won't last long enough to be baked with!


The trifecta was completed at the Belmont Farmer's Market on Thursday with raspberries .


So what if these equally delicious apricots (Thorpe's on Wednesday) don't start with the letter B? I'm giving them equal billing!


Bon appetit!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home